Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cable cars

New York doesn't have cable cars, but San Francisco does! It turned out to be harder than I expected to take photos from a moving cable car: for one thing, using a telephoto lens one-handed is pretty awkward. Shutter priority at 1/200s and ISO 200 gave an aperture of f/13, which still turned out to be not quite enough sometimes.

All downhill from here
This is the best of all the cable car shots that I took, since it's just starting its descent it stands out nicely against the sky. My focus was slightly off though, the road turned out sharper than the car.

Bay windows
These windows caught my eye on the way up, getting rid of the surrounding jumble ended up with a squarish crop. Not a great photo but there's something about it I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment