Thursday, April 26, 2012

Osaka Castle


We're back from our trip to Japan, so here is a very Japanese-looking photo, a little later than promised. I took this at Osaka Castle; not shown is the crowd of other photographers who were also taking photos around this spot. At that time of day this was the best place to take a photo to get back-lighting on the cherry blossoms, but that left the castle itself partly in the shade. If I was really dedicated I would have come earlier and stayed longer to get a better shot, but there was plenty of interesting stuff to do!

While I was taking photographs near this spot a fellow cameraman came up to me and asked to see the photo I had just taken. He said, not bad, but if you frame less tightly you get more of a 3-D feeling in the photo, and showed me his. I felt a sense of accomplishment that my knowledge of Japanese photography jargon is just good enough to understand the phrase "3-D feeling".

No comments:

Post a Comment