Saturday, January 28, 2012

Off duty


This guy grabbed my attention since looked out of place among the usual Soho shopping crowd. Although he was a little wary, but he didn't seem to mind me taking his picture -- but he left where he had been standing as soon as I was done. Looking closely at this photo you can see the earpiece I hadn't noticed at the time, so I guess he is a store security guard or something.

Apart from the "out-of-placeness" of this guy, I liked the combination of him and the woman's photo in the shop window behind him, but the effect is kind of ruined by the black windowframe intersecting his head. I've been paying attention to the background when I take a street portrait more than I used to, but the "and you can ask the subject to move a bit, too" part is clearly still eluding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment