Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sixth Avenue

Walking up Sixth Avenue on a Friday evening I came across a line of people outside a store and took a quick photo. What do you think they were lining up for?

Waiting ...
Since Manhattan is a crazy place, they were actually lining up to get into a supermarket! Trader Joe's must be pretty popular. It's a sign of the times that three out of the six people in the shot are using their phones in one way or another, I suppose.

Technically, I'm not happy with the depth of field in this shot, the woman talking on the phone is the subject I focused on, but since I had earlier set the aperture wide (f/2.5) the guy in front is out of focus in a strange way. But you only get to take it once, I should have checked the aperture first.

No comments:

Post a Comment